College Savings Assist from the Columbus Blue Jackets and Ohio's 529 Plan
The contest is now closed. Be sure to visit our blog, as we announce all the winners March 28!
College Savings Assist CollegeAdvantage Columbus Blue Jackets Giveaway
November 26, 2018 through 11:59 p.m. March 3, 2019
- Certification of Entrant: By entering the College Savings Assist CollegeAdvantage Columbus Blue Jackets Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”), you agree to be bound by these Sweepstakes Rules and acknowledge that you have complied with these Sweepstakes Rules, and are an eligible individual as described in item five (5) below.
- No purchase required: No purchase or contribution to a CollegeAdvantage 529 Savings Plan is necessary to enter. No purchase or contribution will increase your chances of winning.
- Required information to enter: You must provide your first and last name, valid phone number, and a valid email address to enter.
- Number of entries allowed: One (1) entry per day, per email address.
- Eligibility: You must be a legal resident of one of the fifty (50) United States and/or the District of Columbia, be at least eighteen (18) years of age, and have a social security number or tax identification number to enter or win. Employees, Board members, agents, directors, officers, successors, assigns, affiliates, parents and the immediate family members of each, of the Ohio Tuition Trust Authority (“OTTA”), Columbus Blue Jackets (collectively, “Sponsor”), and the Ohio Department of Higher Education are not eligible for the Sweepstakes. Immediate family members are defined as parents, children, spouses or siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside, and those living in the same households, whether or not related.
- How to enter: Eligible individuals may enter the sweepstakes by completing the official CollegeAdvantage Sweepstakes Contest Form on the CollegeAdvantage Facebook Page, https://www.facebook.com/collegeadvantage.
- Enter by mail: Eligible residents may, as an alternative, mail a 4”x 6” postcard with your first name, last name, mailing address, and a valid e-mail address to: Ohio Tuition Trust Authority, College Savings Assist CollegeAdvantage Columbus Blue Jackets Giveaway, 35 E. Chestnut Street, 8th Floor, Columbus, OH 43215. Mailed entries must be postmarked by February 25, 2019, in order to be included in the drawing. Limit one entry per day per stamped outer envelope.
- Deadline: Deadline for entry online is 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 3, 2019.
- Drawing date: A random drawing will be held by the Ohio Tuition Trust Authority (“OTTA”) no later than Tuesday, March 5, 2019.
- Number of winners and Award: Ten (10) winners (each a “Winner”) will be selected. One Grand Prize Winner will receive a $10,000 CollegeAdvantage 529 Plan College Savings Award (the “Grand Prize Award”). The second place Winner will win a Blue Jackets visit by Stinger to their child’s school, limited to Franklin (and all contiguous) Counties, Ohio, (the “Second Place Award”). Eight runners-up will win a piece of autographed Blue Jackets memorabilia (the “Runner-up Awards”). Together, the Grand Prize Award, Second Place Award and Runner-up Awards are referred to as “Awards” or an “Award”. In order to receive the Second Place Award, the Winner selected to receive that Award must have a child enrolled in a school in Central Ohio, as defined in the sole discretion of the Columbus Blue Jackets. OTTA bears no responsibility and shall have no liability whatsoever with respect to the Columbus Blue Jackets’ definition of a school in Central Ohio, or with respect to the ability of the Columbus Blue Jackets and the Second Place Award Winner to schedule a Columbus Blue Jackets visit. If the Winner initially selected to receive the Second Place Award does not have a child enrolled in a school in Central Ohio, that Winner will receive a Runner-up Award, and a new Winner who does meet that requirement will be selected to receive the Second Place Award.
- Winner notification method and date: Winners will be contacted by e-mail no later than Thursday, March 7, 2019, and will have three (3) business days to claim their Award (the “Deadline”).
- Requirements for Award to be made: Before the Award can be made, the Winner must:
- Sign and return to OTTA a completed W-9 tax form and a Recipient Acknowledgement of Terms of Award and Release form, both forms to be provided by OTTA, and
- Identify at least one (1) beneficiary, but not more than six (6) beneficiaries, to receive the Award, and
- Have, or establish within ten (10) business days of returning to OTTA a completed W-9 tax form and a Recipient Acknowledgement of Terms of Award and Release form, a CollegeAdvantage Direct 529 Savings Plan account, with a designated Beneficiary and provide their eleven (11) digit account number to OTTA via the completed Recipient Acknowledgement of Terms of Award and Release form. If establishing a new CollegeAdvantage Direct 529 Savings Plan account, no initial contribution from the Grand Prize Award Winner is necessary (the Grand Prize Award will constitute the initial contribution). If contributing to and/or establishing multiple CollegeAdvantage Direct 529 Savings Plan accounts, the Grand Prize Award Winner must designate how the Grand Prize Award is distributed across said accounts.
- Forfeit of Award: If a Winner cannot be contacted using the e-mail address provided with the Winner’s entry or does not respond after reasonable attempts and after the Deadline to claim the Award, OTTA will select a new Winner. A Winner forfeits any claim to the Award if OTTA has not received the information and documentation required in item twelve (12) above via mail, e-mail, or fax by 3 p.m. ET Tuesday, March 12, 2019. As stated in item twelve (12) above, if the Grand Prize Award Winner will establish one or more new CollegeAdvantage Direct 529 Savings Plan accounts, such account(s) must be established within ten (10) business days of this deadline, or the Award will be forfeited.
- Public announcement of winners: All Award Winners will be announced no later than Thursday, March 28, 2019, on the CollegeAdvantage Facebook page. Any person may also receive a list of Winners by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Ohio Tuition Trust Authority College Savings Assist CollegeAdvantage Columbus Blue Jackets Giveaway, 35 E. Chestnut Street, 8th Floor, Columbus, OH 43215. Such request must be postmarked no later than April 3, 2019.
- Publicity Release: By entering this Sweepstakes you agree, except where prohibited, to have your name, address (city and state), photograph, voice and/or other likeness and Award information used for advertising, trade and promotional purposes and without further compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, in any manner, worldwide in perpetuity without notice or review or approval at the discretion of OTTA. Any such information is being collected by OTTA and not by Facebook or any other person or entity.
- Facebook Release. This Sweepstakes is being conducted solely by OTTA and is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. By entering this Sweepstakes you hereby release Facebook from any and all liability related to your participation in this Sweepstakes.
- Reservation of Rights. OTTA reserves the right to cancel or modify the terms of the Sweepstakes at any time, for any reason, with or without notice to Sweepstakes entrants, and by participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by such cancellation and/or modification.
- Limitations of Liability; Forum. OTTA is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, or garbled notifications, mail or entries or postage-due mail; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (“ISP”), website or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. OTTA is also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. OTTA is not responsible for any Award mailed to an address provided by a Winner but not delivered, regardless of the reason for non-delivery, or for any Award that a Winner is unable to use, whether due to cancellation of the event, personal circumstances or any other reason. OTTA is not responsible for injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the website. Entrants, by participating, agree that OTTA, the Ohio Department of Higher Education and the State of Ohio, or any agency or instrumentality thereof, will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by entrants against, any liability, for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death, to persons, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of an Award or participation in this Sweepstakes. By entering this Sweepstakes, you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the court of Franklin County, Ohio.
- Disclaimers: This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Void in Florida, New York, Rhode Island and where prohibited. Odds may vary based on the number of eligible entries received. Persons who tamper with, hack, manipulate or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes or website, or who attempt to do the same may be subject to prosecution, and persons engaging in any of the foregoing activities or who are in violation of these Sweepstakes Rules, as solely determined by OTTA, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. OTTA reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in OTTA’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of OTTA, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries. If terminated, OTTA may, at its discretion, select the potential winners for the drawing at issue from all eligible, non-suspect entries received for such drawing prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by OTTA. OTTA and Sponsor are not responsible for typographical or printing errors in these Sweepstakes Rules or in any other documents related to this Sweepstakes. Standard data charges from your mobile carrier may apply if entering this Sweepstakes on a mobile device. In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by the ISP, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses. The Grand Prize Award may be considered income, and any and all taxes associated with a prize are the responsibility of the Winner. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize Award is $10,000. The Second Place Award has no recognized retail value, and the Runner-up Awards are of a nominal value. The Second Place Award and Runner-up Awards will be fulfilled by the Columbus Blue Jackets, and OTTA has no liability whatsoever with respect to fulfillment of those Awards. Winners may not substitute, assign or transfer an Award, but OTTA reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value. All Award details are at OTTA’s sole discretion. Limit one (1) Award per person/household.
This contest is in no way sponsored or administered by Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for this contest’s purposes.